Homework & Research Resources
Opposing Viewpoints is a free database offered by Gale through NOVELNY to all New Yorkers. They collect data and resources for every side of any issue so that you can as informed as possible about a wide variety of subjects. Please select ‘Public Library’ and type in ‘Pleasant Valley Library’ to begin researching.
NovelNY gives New York State residents can access full-text journals, newspapers, books, and more.
For more databases and research assistance, please visit the Dutchess Libraries Homework Help page. You can find encyclopedias, research collections, and more.
Mental Health Resources
- Crisis Text Line – text HOME to 741741
- The Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-8255
- The National Domestic Violence Hotline – 1-800-799-7233
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) – 1-240-485-1001
- www.homelessshelterdirectory.org provides a national directory of homeless shelters, assistance programs, soup kitchens and more
- Find treatment options with Psychology Today – a national directory of therapists, psychiatrists, therapy groups and treatment facility options
For more assistance options, please visit the NAMI HelpLine Resources page.